The L&R Group was founded on the principles of agility and employee empowerment, and we’ve worked hard since 1997 to build a culture of collaboration, communication, and opportunity. That’s our secret to success, plain and simple.
If you’re looking for growth opportunity in a fun, dynamic, collaborative working environment, this is it. If you want to work with the best minds in the business and for a company that cares about your professional development, this is it. And while you might be okay with some routine, you’d really like a role that includes new challenges, stretching you just enough to help you grow, this is it.
We hold a relaxed office environment, offer flexibility in scheduling of hours, and encourage a work-life balance.
As a Microscopist, you’re serious about your work and lend your experience and expertise to the success of every project. You strive to exceed expectations for quality and timeliness, and at the end of the day, you go home satisfied knowing that you’ve contributed to a safe, productive environment.
Normal office hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, however, occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Preparation and analysis of bulk and solid materials for asbestos content using PLM (Polarized Light Microscopy), PCM (Phase Contrast Microscopy), and/or TEM (Transmission Electron Microscopy), and all ancillary quality control procedures.
- Preparation and analysis of materials for mold spores, allergens and fungi using microscopy.
- Determination of visual percentage and optical properties of asbestos and non-asbestos material.
- Recording of data in a specified manner.
- Some clerical work will be involved, such as login and data entry, scanning and emailing reports. and answering and transferring phones.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment when needed.
- Performance of quality control practices per company Quality Assurance/Quality Control manual.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet objectives;
· Interaction with existing and potential clients in a confident and professional manner;
· Energy, enthusiasm, and an interest in helping others;
· Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be added at any time with or without notice.
We offer a wide array of analytical testing services to support environmental investigations focused on asbestos, microbiology, lead paint, environmental chemistry, indoor air quality and industrial hygiene. Additionally, we also provide materials testing, characterization, and forensic laboratory services for a wide range of commercial, industrial and regulatory clients. The position is located at our laboratory in Meridian, Idaho. Microscopists will also prepare reports and other project documents related to field operations; assist with equipment maintenance & calibration and general office support.
- HS Diploma or equivalent. Degree in a Life Science: Geology, Microbiology, Biology, Environmental Science, and/or Chemistry background is a plus.
- Three years of laboratory experience either in academic or commercial setting.
- Light microscopy, optical mineralogy/petro-graphic microscope training a plus.
- One to two years of asbestos PLM/TEM/PCM or microbiology microscopy experience is preferred.
- Excellent reading, writing, computer, Windows, MS Office, and communication skills;
- Familiarity with environmental regulations and compliance practices.
- Candidate must be able to distinguish colors in order to perform analysis.
- Must be able to work consistently well independently, and with a team.
- Must be able to work accurately in a fast-paced setting and prioritize assignments.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational abilities and strict attention to detail.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Company benefits for full-time employees include paid holidays, PTO accrual, health insurance with employer subsidy, available vision and dental insurance, and employee events.
Wage DOE: $14 – $20/hour
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org