Website The L&R Group, LLC
Responsible Environmental Solutions
Industrial Hygiene Technician
L&R Technical Services, a division of The L&R Group, LLC, is looking for a full-time Industrial Hygiene Technician to work with our Technical Lab in Meridian, Idaho.
The L&R Group was founded on the principles of agility and employee empowerment, and we’ve worked hard since 1997 to build a culture of collaboration, communication, and opportunity. That’s our secret to success, plain and simple. If you’re looking for growth opportunity in a fun, dynamic, collaborative working environment, this is it. If you want to work with the best minds in the business and for a company that cares about your professional development, this is it. And while you might be okay with some routine, you’d really like a role that includes new challenges, stretching you just enough to help you grow, this is it. We hold a relaxed office environment, offer flexibility in scheduling of hours, and encourage a work-life balance.
As an Industrial Hygiene Technician, you’re serious about your work and lend your expertise to the success of every project. You strive to exceed expectations for quality and timeliness. At the end of the workday, you go home satisfied.
Normal office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Frequent to occasional after hours or weekend work will be required. Occasional regional travel for work or continuing education. Field work will include project sites in Southern Idaho, Eastern Oregon and Western Wyoming.
- Perform on-site asbestos, lead-based paint, mold, and other materials investigations.
- Oversight/air monitoring of contractors and abatement activities;
- The position will focus on asbestos, lead, water intrusion and indoor air quality projects;
- Proposal and report preparation as well as other project documents related to field operations;
- Regulatory required training and certifications will be provided as skills and interests are developed for the right candidate;
- Excellent reading, writing, computer/Windows/Microsoft Office, and communication skills;
- Assist with equipment maintenance & calibration;
- Work independently or as part of a team;
- Hands on experience with environmental regulations and compliance practices.
- Interact with existing and potential clients in a confident and professional manner;
- Candidates will be very energetic and interested in helping others;
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities including general office support.
Preferred Minimum Requirements:
- BA/BS in environmental sciences, health & safety, industrial hygiene or building related fields or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational abilities and strict attention to detail
- Computer savvy
- Be in good physical health and able to wear respiratory and other personal protective equipment
- Ability to climb ladders, navigate crawl spaces, lift/carry equipment (generally up to 50 lbs.), and stand for long periods of time.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- 0-10+ years of experience
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification,
- AHERA Building Inspector and Contractor/Supervisor certifications
- AHERA Inspector and Management Planner, and/or Supervising Air Monitor considered a plus
- LBP inspector/monitor certifications
- NIOSH 582 course completion
Company benefits for full-time employees include paid holidays, PTO accrual, health insurance with employer subsidy, available vision and dental insurance, and employee events.
Wage depending on experience. Base at $14.00
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com